Graphics on the back of guitar neck

Jowin
Jowin
05/11/2003 3:42 pm
You know you can get guitars that have a strip of darker or lighter wood that goes down the back of the neck, i was wondering if you can get graphics that you can stick on there. I think that could look quite cool.
sgfhsdfgh
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
05/12/2003 3:56 am
The strip isn't just inlayed into the neck. It is actually laminated as a full piece, and not just a strip. The big reason for it is to stengthen the neck. One piece necks can have the tendancy to warp. If you laminate a neck in 3 pieces, with the grain running in different directions, the rest of the neck will help to keep a piece of wood that wants to warp in line.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/13/2003 1:38 pm
I saw a guitar on the net(can't remember which site,can't even remember if it was an acoustic or electric)that had painted in it this coyote on a hill cursing the moon,a silhoute thing,it looked really cool.I'd like to get that on my guitar(when I get a proper guitar),only I'd like to do a silhoute of my mama's afro.
Btw,you could say I'm in the process of getting a nice guitar.If and when it works out,I'll tell you all about it.The prospects are very exciting,but it has to kept under wraps for now.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.