View post (Guys, I think I'm onto something with these stainless strings...)

View thread

hanm
hanm
06/05/2003 10:13 am
so far i'm loving em...
Heres wat i got so far...
They have a warm tone to them, but very low in volume, the pickups dont "pick" them up as well as standard strings, but i think the audible noise is just about the same as normal strings.
When you bend the strings, it feels a lot smoother, and easier to bend than the standards.
Sustain? Im still not sure about the sustain tho. I need to play with it a little more.
My standard strings usually start to show wear and a little discoloration by the first hour or so of playing, but i've been playing more than 7 hours so far and have no sign of discoloration.
Strings need to be heavily stretched out because they do lose tuning easily without stretching them.
Very smooth and can easily glide through them. Feels almost like Elixers, without too much slip, just right.
The tension seems a little lighter than standards, but i'll still need to play with them alittle more to tell for sure.

Also i already broke my 1st string, so i replaced it with a standard 0.09 string, and this is what i noticed.
2nd, and 3rd are still S. Steel, and they bend easier and more(Higher in pitch) than standard strings. Since the tension seems a little lighter than the standards when you fret very hard on the ultra light strings(0.09) you tend to be a little sharp. On the standards the strings are slightly sharp, but on the S. Steel they are slightly more sharp than the standards.

**Some tips if you got Floyd Rose Trem Systems**
if you can, ask prof for ball-less strings, it will make it a lot easier on him and you as well.

after you finish stringing your guitar, dont clamp the nut locks, you will need to bend, bend, bend and bend your strings. Play several songs with some crazy bends, use your fingers and your trem bar. After several of songs of crazy bending, then lock your nut.

well bottom line is... I love these strings and i would throw down the standards and pick up these strings any day... Pick up some stainless steel bottom ends to match the top ends, i got mine from Ernie Ball, and i've kept the same set on(well the bottom end only) for about 2 months now, with regular cleaning of course. Now all i just need is another 1st string.. haha... best of luck, hope that helped, i'll be posting everyone week or so to follow up on the strings.

thx prof!

[Edited by hanm on 06-05-2003 at 05:19 AM]