Underrated Guitars

spanky10940
spanky10940
05/16/2003 5:11 pm
Now that's damn funny... you see em' all the time... 4-5 kids that look like they haven't showered in a week f'in around with jacksons and ibanez's and they're plugged into the Marshall JCM halfstack trying to play "stairway to heaven" LOL!!!!!

A good buddy of mine has this total piece of sh*t Les paul copy from 1970 something that is painted that offwhite, smoky, early 70's cream color.. Looks like a $25 garage sale axe and in fact was given to him...
with a setup and some EMG's in there - that thing sounds great! He's got a fender super chorus amp and a korg effects pedal and that's all he needs....

Myself, I was really impressed with a Gibson ES-137 a guitar that i thought I'd never pick up. Granted, I'm still very much a newbie to playing but I've been around guitars for a while. I just figured that I'd never get into an axe like that but once I picked it up.... they've got this creamy smooth neck and a killer (the only word I can think of to describe it is) butterscotch tone.

So the moral of the story?
1. kids that don't wash suck
2. never say never when it comes to what you will and won't play until you try it
and 3. Ponyone isin't the only one that can go on and on and on and on and on.........

"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 1
joshdean52
joshdean52
05/19/2003 9:48 pm
Personally, I think the Squier Affinity Strat is underrated. I like the smoothness and fit & finish of the guitar. I played one over at a friends jamming. It's not too bad for a $150 new guitar.
"Thank God for the power chord!!!"
-Sting
# 2
spanky10940
spanky10940
05/20/2003 1:40 pm
heh heh heh... "misty eyed" =)

Kind of funny that you say that because I own a Strat and that's exactly what people do...
"ooh, you own a strat, you MUST be good" then I have to break the news to them that I do, in fact, suck ROYALLY!!! but I have a good time trying and I must admit, I've picked up everything short of the mop in the music store and I still like the Strat...

As far as necks go, back in the day the super slim Ibanez necks were it but now that I've grown out of the "slipknot" days and started to expand what I listen to and try to play, I like the C neck that the strat has as opposed to the speed necks of the jacksons or Ibanez's....

I think we're back to the personal preference battle eh?
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.