st Anger

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/06/2003 1:18 pm
Just read some lines about Metallicas new album in Sweidish guitar mag. Fuzz and it seems like it´s, word extrem seems like it isn´t enough.

There will be some amazing fast music on that one and Lars seems like he´s breaking speed with his feet pedals, wrrom.

Also there will be lots of vulgar language on this one and they wonder what tha hell hell have happend to James at the rehab. It looks like the new one will beat evrything so far so forget ´bout Slayer and Pantera ´cause Metallica are back in action.

But one huge minus is, where tha hell are guitar solos Krk? I mean if evryone else took it to extreme he should do it to and I know he could. However, I´m really lookin´ forwad to hear the new one ´cause it seems like it will be one of most orginal metal albums ever. Let´s hope I´m right and let´s hope that we will be abel to hear at least one Kirk solo.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
GazTucker
GazTucker
05/06/2003 4:19 pm
Well lets hope they can produce some new material as good as the old days of master and puppets.
im really looking forward to this album as it should be a return to form for the group, and let metal fans hear what real music should sound like!

Im looking forward to the reading festival where they'll be headlining!!

Dont think Feel!
# 2
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/06/2003 7:23 pm
i already mentioned the thing about the solos

this definately looks like it's going to be a very different album for metallica, i think either the fans will love it, or they will completely hate it. one thing's for sure, it's sure to sell a lot.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 3
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/06/2003 10:56 pm
But this new stuff, they seem a little bit concern if they will be abel to preform some parts from songs live. (Maby they should let it over to Dream Theater)
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
05/07/2003 2:54 pm
It's only few weeks and we'll get to know everything .

One thing's for sure : I won't bother buying it before listening to ALL songs first.
# 5
sithgt6
sithgt6
05/08/2003 1:51 pm
You gotta be kinding me - that crap that Metallica started to play at the end of their show SUCKED!!

Well, so much for hoping that they would return to something that even slightly resembles what they used to do.

D.
# 6
sithgt6
sithgt6
05/08/2003 4:32 pm
Not a problem...

hey some folks like tofu - doesn't mean it's for everybody.

D.
# 7
sithgt6
sithgt6
05/08/2003 6:13 pm
Good form.

You are obviously not one of the weak minded fools who tend to frequent these bulletin board things. You have you opinion and I respect that but you also don't get all bent outa shape when someone else has a different one.

Cool.

D.
# 8
MikeP.
MikeP.
05/08/2003 6:16 pm
I do admit that if the new album does not have guitar solo's I will be majorly dissappointed and thus him being the "Lead Guitarist" in the band on the new album will be sorta of an oxymoron without being one (I'm looking for a different word but can't think of anything better as the word "Oxymoron" does not describe...yet sorta does describe).

Then again..we all know kirk can shred. I personally prefer guitar solo's (Especially the "Shred" kind), but I am now begginning to realize (After all these years) that a guitar solo does not make for a complete song. But then again, that's a huge part of what heavy metal is (Besides the riffs, and the heavy metal movement/Lifestyle"). And yes it is a culture/Lifestyle when you think about. We have long hair, some of us do drink and do drugs (I for one have been off of drugs for almost 6 years but still drink), We dress and act like we're rocks stars (I mean the people that love heavy metal and especially those that grew up in America in the 80's and those that live in Europe today where metal still has a huge following)..And not to mention those gorgeouse metal babes out there in the world (Sex, Drugs, and rock 'N Roll).

Well anyways..forget my ramblings above (Just being nestalgic). I'm just an old wanna be has been 31 year old geek. lol :-p
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.