View post (st Anger)

View thread

MikeP.
MikeP.
05/08/2003 6:16 pm
I do admit that if the new album does not have guitar solo's I will be majorly dissappointed and thus him being the "Lead Guitarist" in the band on the new album will be sorta of an oxymoron without being one (I'm looking for a different word but can't think of anything better as the word "Oxymoron" does not describe...yet sorta does describe).

Then again..we all know kirk can shred. I personally prefer guitar solo's (Especially the "Shred" kind), but I am now begginning to realize (After all these years) that a guitar solo does not make for a complete song. But then again, that's a huge part of what heavy metal is (Besides the riffs, and the heavy metal movement/Lifestyle"). And yes it is a culture/Lifestyle when you think about. We have long hair, some of us do drink and do drugs (I for one have been off of drugs for almost 6 years but still drink), We dress and act like we're rocks stars (I mean the people that love heavy metal and especially those that grew up in America in the 80's and those that live in Europe today where metal still has a huge following)..And not to mention those gorgeouse metal babes out there in the world (Sex, Drugs, and rock 'N Roll).

Well anyways..forget my ramblings above (Just being nestalgic). I'm just an old wanna be has been 31 year old geek. lol :-p
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.