Fender Lonestar Strat bridge trouble?

stratgod
stratgod
05/03/2003 7:54 pm
I recently purchased a Fender Lonestar USA Strat and after changing the strings the other day noticed that when my new strings were on and I began tightening them it began pulling the bridge(American Standard)up and up, therefore making the action well high. What the hell is going on and will I have to get the bridge replaced? Is there something I'm doing wrong or don't know? Help is needed as I consider this to be my gigging axe and am getting a little worried. Any advice will be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Luke.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
05/03/2003 8:01 pm
Sounds like you got heavier strings on there than what it was originally set up for. It's easy to fix this issue.

1. Turn the guitar over and take off the large cover in the center.
2. Tighten the screws until the bridge pulls down.
3. In the event that there are only 2 springs there, just go to your local music store and buy another one and put it in there. That will also take care of the problem. You will more than likely have to loosen the screws back up a little though :)
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
stratgod
stratgod
05/04/2003 9:57 am
Thanks. Worked a treat after tightening them.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 3
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
05/04/2003 3:18 pm
Glad I could help

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.