View post (Metallicrap as MTV Icons)

View thread

MikeP.
MikeP.
05/02/2003 7:32 pm
Who gives a crap if they are sellouts. I'm sure in the beginning when they said this and that about selling out and MTV it was well intended. Then they realized that they would starve if they didn't give in. I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank (And not to mention...Bob Rock is quite expensive and Metallica need to make back the money for that).

As far as the crap opening bands for them...on their part it's a smart move..as they will have a new fan base that they would not normally have (people who would not normally listen to their music). Pluss not to mention the millions of "Die Hards" out there that will attend regardless of who's opening for them.

The new album St. Anger is going to be heavy and definately their loudest album EVER! I've been following the development of the recording of the album since the beginning. And when the album is out it will come with a FREE live DVD for the cost of one C.D. (You get both).

And just last night Metallica put on a "FREE" show at San Quenten State Pentatentery (spelling...(it's the local prison). How many bands would do that??????

I'll be 31 this month on the 29th and have been a Metallica fan since my early teens (And followed them before they were even well known).

Put yourself in their shoes and ressed assured if you were given the chance...you would do the same...or starve and prolly maybe 2 albums at the most. Just because they have "Sold Out"! Does not mean that they don't write and record what is not "Commercially" acceptable on their own time.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.