D.I.Y effects!?

blabj
blabj
03/24/2003 8:09 pm
hi

this thread has been started for all of you people who want to know how effects work and maybe how to make them.

i recently visited a strange little website (adress at bottom of my post) which tells you how to make them and includes projects, pictures of what the pcbs (printed circuit boards for all of you illeterate to the soldering lingo!) look like and generaly how to make them.

so in conclusion if you are interseted in making your own effects pedals then go and visit http://www.tonepad.com (please post if this link doesn't lead to anywhere and i will sort it out!)
A question to all...

If one synchronized swimmer drowns,
do the rest have to drown too?
:confused: :confused: :confused:
# 1
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
03/28/2003 1:00 am
Cool, I'll check it out...thanks!
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 2
blabj
blabj
03/28/2003 6:51 pm
so do you like the site?
A question to all...

# 3
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/28/2003 10:31 pm
I thought the site could be easier to use. I know SOME stuff about electronics and stuff like that, but the layouts are hard to read.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 4
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/28/2003 10:33 pm
If there are any other sites like this, that anyone finds, please post them.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 5
blabj
blabj
03/29/2003 6:51 am
yeah please post any sites that you find. today im going to make distorion pedal from their website, i think its gonna work... ill post pictures of what it looks like later!
A question to all...

# 6
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
04/06/2003 3:00 am
Here is the MOTHER of all DIY effects links...no applause please, just throw money...

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/jdslinks.html
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 7
blabj
blabj
04/08/2003 6:43 pm
hi!!!

i have some exclusive (love that word!!) info on how to make a volume pedal. the parts are as follows:

4-mono 1/4 inch jacks
1- dual engaged potentiometer (tell you more on this later)
other
press 'n' peel blue
blank pcd board with copper on top
wire
solder
and most importantly soldering iron.
if you visit http://www.tonepad.com they will tell you what to do!
now all you have to do is copy the image bellow and paste it to a progran like paint or word and print out 2 copys. then get your press 'n' peel blue and cut to roughly the right size to cover the picture with some left over. then solotape that piece of of p'n'p over the image with the dull side up (adhesive side) and go to a photo copier, put the the copy without the the p'n'p on in the reader section and the one with the p'n'p on in the paper tray, press copy and it sould have copied onto the pnp.now roughly cut out the pcb and sand down the edges and polish the copper. now you are ready to iron the image onto the the pcb. put the pnp dull side down onto the pcb and iron for 10 mins pushing down hard for 30 secs and circullary for 1 min. let it cool and then peel of the pnp. now you must etch it which is too detailed so go visit http://www.tonepad.com. after etching go and drill the board and solder it and put in a case!
done
this is the picture
oh no slight problem you will have to email me for the pic my emails callum@woollams.co.uk just say some thing like volume pedal picture and i will email the pic
A question to all...

# 8
blabj
blabj
04/10/2003 11:29 am
sorry i got the post wrong it should be a 100-1 meg pot and it shouldnt be a dual engaged just a normal one i will give you more info on this later sorry for any inconvinence although if you did buy the parts i said you can still make a stereo volume pedal!

A question to all...

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.