Micheal Angelo in Spped Kills

Kirk_Aimar
Kirk_Aimar
03/18/2003 1:05 pm
Hey everyone, I got something to ask you guys regarding the video SPEED KILLS.

There is one part (somewhere in the middle of the video) where Micheal do something by the neck that isss extremely FAST..the hand looks soo blurred..it happens really fast..looks like the video is edit forwardly...Is it possible to do that so fast? If it is..what it is called then? im so confused ?:?
*Speed is nothing without control*
# 1
u10ajf
u10ajf
03/19/2003 7:54 pm
Azrael say's he's seen him play live. I think he'd have mentioned if he thought the guy was a fake. So, that leaves most of us demoralised. Of course he's totally ambidextrous too... Aahhh.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 2
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
03/19/2003 10:07 pm
I managed to do this thing too ... But I couldn't even get half his speed at it , it looks more like a machine thing or a manipulated video.

But this is his trademark move , if it wasn't for real , I think magazines and other guitarists would have scandalized this.

Although I find this "ambidextrous" stuff and the double V neck guitar pretty useless , I keep on drooling when I watch him.
# 3
oldpunker
oldpunker
03/20/2003 2:22 pm
I'm not typically someone who will scrutinize or criticize anyone but.. Michael Angelo is the epitomy and I mean epitomy of "musical masterbation". I can appreciate a great guitar player as well as anybody but I remember the first time I saw this guy I literally doubled over on the couch laughing so hard. Talk about overkill? I could care less if anyone plays a quad guitar at hyper fast speeds. BTW I have heard enough of his stuff to be able to say this about him.
We see things as we are, not as they are. - Anais Nin
# 4
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/20/2003 2:27 pm
Apart from that, he ambidextrous thing is not too hard to acomplish - every keyboardplayer with a bit of pracztice on the guitar could do it aswell - and a "normal" guitarplayer can do it too. IĀ“m learning the chapmanstick at the moment, which is also basically playing two guitars at once - so dont glorify it too much - its nothing too special - everyone can learn it

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 5
Kirk_Aimar
Kirk_Aimar
03/20/2003 3:47 pm
So if it is possible..What do we call that thing? :confused:
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/20/2003 7:28 pm
Senseless Wanking? *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7
u10ajf
u10ajf
03/20/2003 7:38 pm
Partial ambidexterity's one thing, being able to shred like a flymo with razorblades with either hand is another entirely..
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 8
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/20/2003 9:37 pm
not realy

http://www.stick.com/method

# 9
oldpunker
oldpunker
03/20/2003 10:33 pm
Dude you just hit the number of the beast in posts!

Cripes I'd rather listen to an hour of B.B. King than listen to Michael Angelo for 10 seconds! Anyone ever hear about his buddy vocalist that boasts he can shatter glass with his voice? I hate to break it to him but being able to hit the correct pitch with some volume don't make you the greatest singer in the world either. Jim Gillette wasn't it?

Buwahahahaha. Nitro. (snicker snicker)

[Edited by oldpunker on 03-20-2003 at 04:36 PM]
# 10
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
03/21/2003 3:44 am
Originally posted by Kirk_Aimar
So if it is possible..What do we call that thing? :confused:

It's been called Michael Angelo's trademark move in a magazine (forgot it's name).

It's not a technique or anything you should learn , it's basicaly just to show off that he has gasolene instead of milk for breakfast !

It's totaly useless musicaly ... I think "Azrael" got it right , "Senseless Wanking" !
LOL

Yeah , I heard about that guy who shatter glass by his voice ... He also claims that he damages PA's and speakers too !
# 11
MikeP.
MikeP.
03/21/2003 3:47 pm
Yes he can really do that with his hands. And to all those people who say all he does is wank, need to the give the guy a serious listen. He's got many tunes where he plays lot's of slow pieces that sound incredible.

The thing he does with his hands is for show (Meaning: ENTERTAINMENT!). Same as two guitar players playing each others guitars (RacerX for example). Michael Angelo doesn't do that when recording. (Neither did RacerX).

And for all those closed minded individuals who think a blues player plays with more emotion with a bent note than a guy who plays a million notes is load of crap and absurd.
It's ok not to like shred (I, however, love it and that's ok)), and it's ok to like simple guitars, or like/not like both.
I started learning guitar because of Randy Rhoads..but Yngwie J. Malmsteen is my biggest influence.
# 12
oldpunker
oldpunker
03/21/2003 4:54 pm
You say tomato. I love shredding guitars btw. SOME of my favorite shredders though aren't your typical shredders. My favorite shredder is Al DiMeola. I have nothing against other people into it, I offered my opinion about Michael Angelo, you know what they say about opinions, they are like a$$holes everybody has one. It's actually painful for me to listen to B.B King, but not a tenth AS painful as watching or listening to Michael Angelo. I suppose if I had just heard him before ever seeing him I probably would not have this little pet peeve for him but first impressions are the lasting ones.

The guy is talented yes, is he a guitar god? Not even close in my book. Here are some I would put way before Michael in the god section. In no particular order. Off the top of my head. I am sure others could come up with more.

Jimi
SRV
Al DiMeola
Gary Moore
Eddy VH
Randy
Allan Holdsworth
Dave Mustaine
Jimmy Page
Tony Iommi
Mark Knopfler
Paul Gilbert
Yngwie J Malmsteen ( not to be confused with all the other Yngwie Malmsteens :-)
George Harrison
Dickey Betts

Ok I'm done.

# 13
Kirk_Aimar
Kirk_Aimar
03/23/2003 2:19 pm
lol ahhhh yeah "senseless wanking" hu :D
# 14
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
03/23/2003 10:03 pm
I remember seeing him play live in like 92 or 93 with Nitro and all I got to say is this:

Guitar God...who knows or who cares.
Very Accomplished Technician... Absolutely
Being able to pull off the stuff he does playing that clean... Priceless.

Oh yeah and that hand deal was really cool to see live too.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 15
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
03/25/2003 1:01 am
Originally posted by aiwass
... In my opinion, his songwriting skills are a joke, as is his improvisational skills. For god's sake, has anyone heard the "Freight Train" solo (with Nitro)?! It's a f*cking scale!

Try "Planet Gemini" ... It's a solo album , and it's full of great stuff.

Yeah , "Freight Train" solo su*ks !
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.