Hello there - bonjour

olivier.lefevre83
olivier.lefevre83
12/30/2022 10:42 pm

Guitar has been a long journey for me. I picked up guitar the first time in the early 90's, learned a handful of power chords, and started playing in various short-lived punk bands (locally) that nobody has ever heard of. In the late '90s, I had started trying my hand at playing leads, and even was the "lead-guitarist" of the band I was playing in and touring with until the early '00s (I use lead guitarist loosely here-I wrote and played lead riffs in songs, even would carefully craft short solos to our songs, but 90% of what I did in a punk band was still power chords-and I thought improvisation was far beyond my skillset). After that band broke up, the guitar became purely a hobby for me, and I didn't really advance for years. The last few years, I started really focussing on becoming a guitar player, rather than a punk-guitarist, and I have made significant strides in all areas of my playing: learning scales, lots of chords, arpeggios, and refining my technique for both hands (dexterity and control exercises galore--especially pick-hand control, which I had never focussed on previously). 

# 1
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
12/31/2022 12:11 am

Welcome!  Bienvenue!

You're in the right place.

Rumble

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.