Effect send and return on amp?

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
03/01/2003 2:49 am
I plug my digitech into a solid amp through the input and its find and dandy. However my tube amp has a effect panel in which in contains a send and return. They each have little dials which say "trim" respectivly. I know the setup is guitar to amp, out trhough send to effect pedal and effect petal back into return in to the amp. Well i set up my digitech gnx 1 to the setting of fx 2 12 cause its a 2 "12 speaker, well somtimes on certain setting i hear this loud high pitch screech whats up with that? What do those nobes by the effects and send do? I have figutred out that the effects loop aloww you to play both your pedal and amp at the same time and the volume on each allow you to overide each one. blah just can anyone give me the run down on effects loops and why it shriks sometimes when playing certain amp settings?

p.s. i forgot to mention that i put it throught the "parellel" effects loop and i have a series effects loop as well whats up with that also?

[Edited by Polera on 02-28-2003 at 08:54 PM]
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/01/2003 4:24 pm
Those 'Trim' knobs next to the send and return jacks adjust the signal levels at those jacks. The shrieking noises are probably the result of having one of those knobs set too high.

The series loop sends all of the signal out to the effect unit.

The parrallel loop splits the signal into two (parallel) paths, one going out to the effect unit and back in again, the other path continuing through the amp. This allows you to blend the effected signal with an uneffected signal.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.