View post (Making a practice routine and time between lessons)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
12/04/2022 7:25 pm

Hi and welcome,

Lisa McCormick and Caryn Anderson both have very specific tutorials on "How to Practice". You might want to give them a look. There may be other videos from other instructors,  but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

You'll also find many resources in Christopher's library as well if there is something specific you want to work on.

To find them you just go to the Instructors page. Then click on their Bio's and you'll see a listing of all their videos. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and you'll find them there. 

If your just starting, I would recommend spending no more than an hour on your practice. Don't burn yourself out it's easy to do. What worked for me would be to start with the spider exercises to build strength and dexterity. One thing to remember is each lesson builds on the previous so moving on doesn't mean you'll never use the techniques again so don't feel you have to master down every lesson. We have to coach ourselves here so if you feel you got a good understanding of the material and can nail the lesson down to at least an 80% profficiency level then it's a good time to move on to next lesson. You can also direct message any instructor in their subforums if you have any specific questions on this. 

Hope thats a help,

Moe