12 month lay off

pikebenny
Full Access
pikebenny
Full Access
11/04/2022 4:52 am

Hi, I have recently resigned with a subsciption to guitar tricks after having a long break due to personal reasons. I had completed Fundamentals 1 with Lisa and had progressed through a part way of Fundamentals 2. I now see the new course with Anders. Do you recommend I start over Fundamentals 2 with Lisa or is it ok to switch to Anders where I can start Fundamentals 2 all over. After such a long break do you have any other recommendations to get started again. Thankyou.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/04/2022 11:28 am

Either instructor is fine for Fundamentals.  If you did not enjoy Lisa's material, then switch to Anders.  If you did enjoy Lisa's teaching & made progress, then I'd encourage you to use her courses.  And that's related to additional advice about starting again after a layoff.

Learning and practicing guitar requires consistent & repetitious practice.  You need to go over the ideas & physical motions again & again until they become second nature.  Returning to the material you already covered is a great way to restart & reinforce the learning & practicing process.

Hope that helps!  Please ask more if necessary & best of success.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.