musiciansfriend.com

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/21/2003 1:23 am
Does anyone know if this site/store is American or Canadian?
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/21/2003 2:05 am
american, based in kansas i believe
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/02/2003 8:28 pm
They are in OR. I have got kit from them and they are expensive and some times screw things up royally ! There customer service is awful incompetent and just plain sucks !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
03/03/2003 5:07 am
LOL... but how do you really feel about them, Doc?
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2003 2:03 pm
Hummm, same as music 123, zzsounds and 8thstreet all of which have lied to me, inconvenienced me and made me alter my working day....incompetence is everywhere !
# 5
toolfreak001
toolfreak001
03/03/2003 2:22 pm
I happen to like Musiciansfriend a lot. Their customer service is no where near bad, and ever since Mars music closed, there isn't many other options for us Wisconsin folk. (other than overpriced music stores that mainly sell orchestra equipment.)

They have a wide variety and very low prices. My friends and I use musiciansfriend all of the time. It's convenient and no where near a bad. I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, but I have yet to receive a bad product or bad service from musiciansfriend.com

# 6
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2003 7:30 pm
Well Dude, I have been screwed by them royally and if you go to the trouble of reading the fine print, you will discover that MF are considerably pricier than say 8th st. They also have an annoying habit of selling things like instructional videos separately where as other retailers (like zzsounds) throw them in for free. There shipping costs are also higher than many others, which can also boost the price considerably.

Living in Iowa I also have the problem of finding kit locally and also find that when I do it is whey over priced relative to the on line price. However, I do object to being lied to by customer service and, when they finally manage to find the order they lost 14 working days ago, they manage to send it to the wrong address and then tell you they cant do anything about it...is that what you would call good customer service ? I think it sucks !
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.