View post (Metallica)

View thread

Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
02/11/2003 8:46 am
Metallica follows the changing times, they went from being no bodies to corporate puppets. Up to the Black Album was good music and good metal, but the Black Album is defaintely the last album to have anything remotely good on it by them. If they start getting into detuning I expect some thrashier stuff from them, cause now a days all i hear from metal bands is one rhythm based on droped D style tunings with slow as repetative power chords. And with drop D it takes a lot less talent and skill to play stuff since a power chord becomes barred...I have respect for nu metal and the lack of talent it represents. It may be simple music that is easy to follow and enjoy for a second but in the end it's musical value is next to nothing, it gets boring fast. I swear more bands are missing the art of music and the enjoyment that can come from creating a good piece and trading it for whatever gets them more potential sales to new fans. I say keep doing what you like, and hope everyone else likes it too, Metallica can suck it if all i hear is **** that goes

da-dunt--da-dunt--da-dunt--da--dunt-da----- over and over and over again. Also Hammetts abilty to write good solos died long ago, it's all ****ty wha now, like the last soul fly album. Nothing remotely intersting or impressive about that. AT any rate it will be the kind of music I will fall asleep to someday.

Meh, that's my 10 cents...