Metallica

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/10/2003 3:50 pm
Anybody heard about James' new singature ESP ? It's a 6-strings tuned to B.
It's also rumored that Kirk is gonna have a 7-strings signature .
Check http://www.encycmet.com .

Now everybody can expect what their new album might sound like ... One thing is for sure , I'll be downloading the mp3s first to check if it's worth buying.

Goddamn it , this New Metal sh*t has spoiled our Metallica !

# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/10/2003 6:55 pm
What do you mean ?
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/10/2003 6:56 pm
Yea dude nu-metal sucks
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/10/2003 7:16 pm
Dont you have it when people reply to your posts but only to pick you up on sumin or insult you. Stop it trendkillah!

# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/10/2003 7:24 pm
Originally posted by Axl_Rose
Dont you have it when people reply to your posts but only to pick you up on sumin or insult you.

Thanx Axl_Rose ... I guess I'll ignore him . :)

It's realy bad when someone insults you , speicialy if he/she doesn't explain his point though ... I mean it's like pure offense.

I wish if he could act more like a grown up and explain his point instead of posting a meaningless insult like this.
# 5
sithgt6
sithgt6
02/10/2003 7:55 pm
I hate to say (damn my words) but Metallica sucks sour frog ass. Don't get me wrong, I used to swear by Metallica for beautifully wicked tracks - but I havn't bought or heard anything from Metallica since the black album that has that snarl to it - it lacks the nuts that it used to.

Now they're doing the whole de-tuned thing to? Please, I can see dropping for that one song (ie: Sad But True) to get the mood you're hunting for - but 90% of all this de-tuned stuff sounds just horrible, why don't they all just trade-in for distorted basses? - I'm sorry but for me nothing sounds as full and nasty as our loyal friend, the good ole E chord...

...ahhh, kinda makes you want to cry. **sniff, sniff**

D.
# 6
canuck7
canuck7
02/10/2003 8:40 pm
i love OLD metallica. i love all that old metal that they did in the 80s/early90s. but now i HATE metallica. i used to love nu-metal, but now i hate it except for KoRn and Slipknot. i like KoRn because i always have and will, and Slipknot because they are just crazy. it's fun to listen to. but i love stuff like old-metallica when it comes to metal now. none of this nu-metal detuning trash. only a select few bands(i could count them on one hand)are worth it. out of many more. not too good for nu-metal.
bottom line: i hate nu-metal (except for the aforementioned 'select few')
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 7
Slow Diver
Slow Diver
02/10/2003 9:33 pm
Did I get the point in this thread?
Metallica playin new metal :eek:
Well, that is ridiculous!
The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!
# 8
Seiko_Hejiro
Seiko_Hejiro
02/11/2003 8:46 am
Metallica follows the changing times, they went from being no bodies to corporate puppets. Up to the Black Album was good music and good metal, but the Black Album is defaintely the last album to have anything remotely good on it by them. If they start getting into detuning I expect some thrashier stuff from them, cause now a days all i hear from metal bands is one rhythm based on droped D style tunings with slow as repetative power chords. And with drop D it takes a lot less talent and skill to play stuff since a power chord becomes barred...I have respect for nu metal and the lack of talent it represents. It may be simple music that is easy to follow and enjoy for a second but in the end it's musical value is next to nothing, it gets boring fast. I swear more bands are missing the art of music and the enjoyment that can come from creating a good piece and trading it for whatever gets them more potential sales to new fans. I say keep doing what you like, and hope everyone else likes it too, Metallica can suck it if all i hear is **** that goes

da-dunt--da-dunt--da-dunt--da--dunt-da----- over and over and over again. Also Hammetts abilty to write good solos died long ago, it's all ****ty wha now, like the last soul fly album. Nothing remotely intersting or impressive about that. AT any rate it will be the kind of music I will fall asleep to someday.

Meh, that's my 10 cents...
# 9
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/11/2003 1:52 pm
When I think of metallica I think of

1) Lars sitting by the pool of his million dollar mansion Bad mouthing fake fans who download mp3s. Saying "its not about money, I have tons of it"

2) James Hetfield slagging off posion and motley crue for wearing make up etc, then seeing the members of metallica wearing nail varnish.

3) Finally, I think of mindless power chording on every albums with only two or three good songs. The wide spectrum of good to bad songs is to big. They ruin cool melodic songs by adding thrash outros!
# 10
canuck7
canuck7
02/11/2003 9:45 pm
well, i think that new-metal IS ****.
i mean, there still are bands that i listen to because they are, well, fun. fast, heavy, crazy, and lots of fun to just crank. but the musical value IS next to nothing. i agree wholeheartedly with that.
and if metallica IS going new-metal, then they ARE ****.
IMHO

but that's just me.
# 11
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/12/2003 3:40 am
Originally posted by trendkillah
You'll probably ignore this post, but I'll elaborate anyway.
A) You basically said all new-metal is ****, which is worth some critisism.
B) You imply that now Metallica has gone new-metal, thus gone ****.(as far as I know, their new release is planned for the summer, do you have an inside scoop?)
C) By saying all of that you imply that playing on a guitar that's not tuned in standard E, you play new-metal, thus ****.

Silly assumptions like that are worth a comment, but I guess I was too lazy to go into it. I'll keep my butt out of topics like this in the future. ;)

Again, my apologies if I upset anyone. I hope nobody lost any sleep over it.

[Edited by trendkillah on 02-11-2003 at 01:14 PM]

By "New Metal" , I wasn't refering to a definite style or something , I was refering to new music that's related to metal or heavy rock , which are mostly sh*t IMHO ... You may have another opinion , and you may describe the types of music I listen to as SH*T , and I won't call you ignorant unless I realy know you are.

Lots of people describe an extremely talented band like Dream Theater as BORING ... I still respect those people, and never called them ignorants.
So I can't be an ignorant just cuz I don't like new metal crap , right ?

If you re-read my first post carefully again , you'll find that I didn't IMPLY that metallica are going into new metal , I said I'm EXPECTING .

It's very normal to expect New Metal album , and perhaps some RAP metal songs too ... Did you know that everything is ok now between Lars & Durst ? Also the track they released with JA Rule ... And you dubbed me IGNORANT posting my expectations.

I know that detuned guitars aren't mainly for new metal , but it's realy hard to believe that metallica are going death metal or anything else , there are NO SIGNS for that.
BTW, death metal is mainly sh*t too IMHO . (although I played in many death metal bands before , and probably will play with other death metal bands in future too, but that will always be my opinion )

Let's do some maths :
2 last albums full of crap that is more close to new metal than to their old style + Rap track with JA rule + fixing relations with Limp Bizkit & touring with them next summer + (B) detuned guitar signatures .... What the Fu*k should I expect the new album to be ???
New Metal is my answer, specificaly with lots of Rapping .... And if you had another opinion , you could have just posted it instead trying to be sarcastic at me, probably just to show off !

No problem anyway ... I replied to your post just to say that I'll only ignore nonsense ... Any sort of grown-up critisism/arguing is always welcome.
# 12
canuck7
canuck7
02/12/2003 6:53 am
that makes a lot of sense. they also did a rap song with Kid Rock too. he sang American Bad Ass to the riff of some song from the Black Album. more evidence....
# 13
gernm18
gernm18
02/12/2003 7:32 am
i know that metallica is changing but **** yeah i'll go to their concert they worth it just for some new songs that doesn't change all the old great songs and how great was metallica
German
# 14
BarHook
BarHook
02/12/2003 2:28 pm
innit amazing that one misunderstanding can lead to 3 pages of crap. Look all trendkillah meant was that, just becuase James a B-tuned guitar and Hammett has a 7-string it doesnt mean that new metal has ruined metallica. He meant you shouldnt jump to conclusions etc.

:-P
You are only free to do anything,
Once you've lost everything.
# 15
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/12/2003 4:05 pm
Originally posted by canuck7
they also did a rap song with Kid Rock too. he sang American Bad Ass to the riff of some song from the Black Album. more evidence....

Yeah dude , I forgot to mention that too ! :D
# 16
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/12/2003 4:11 pm
Originally posted by BarHook
...He meant you shouldnt jump to conclusions etc...

I didn't jump to conclusion , I started this thread to share my thoughts with other people and to know how do they think about that too.

There is no excuse to insult somebody just cuz you have a different view/opinion.

Anyway , let's forget about it.
# 17
canuck7
canuck7
02/12/2003 9:39 pm
yeah, it's just our/your/their point of view here. i mean, people here didn't jump to conclusions. they heard about the B-tuned guitar and the 7-string so they formulated an idea on current info. that rap metal they have made was evidence that they were moving into that genre. it all makes sense if you put those pieces together.
if you have a different opinion, we'd be happy to hear it.
# 18
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/13/2003 1:21 am
trendkillah - Cool , hope that you're lucky enough to find the right words before you post next time.
# 19
Koopa
Koopa
02/13/2003 5:28 am
don't most bands sorta die off after 3 or so albums?

i dunno, im prolly wrong but bands like metallica, ratm, korn started off with some kickass stuff but none of there recent stuff is worth a buy. i think anyway

tell me if im talkin crap :)

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.