Combining Courses

benrking2207
Full Access
benrking2207
Full Access
07/14/2022 3:04 am

Hi, I'm a beginner and have been taking Anders Level 1 Fundamentals course. However, I've played bass guitar, including playing in gigging bands, for a little over 30 years, so I know at least some of the basics. I recently stumbled upon the Anders Level 1 Rock course and find it to be fun and a little rewarding as it lines up with my goals. So, for my most recent practice sessions I've started splitting the practice up into 20-30 min Level 1 Fundamentals and then 20-30 min Level 1 Rock. I'm enjoying doing this so far, but I'm worried that I may be putting the 'cart before horse.' Am I potentially hindering my future progression, or is this acceptable? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/14/2022 2:42 pm
Originally Posted by: benrking2207Am I potentially hindering my future progression, or is this acceptable? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think this is a problem considering your previous musical experience. Just make sure you understand the ideas & can play the examples as you get to them. It's always okay to keep moving forward to new material. But keep reivewing & practicing previous material until you have it under your command.

Full speed ahead! Have fun!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.