New Teacher! W00T!

malweth
malweth
02/07/2003 4:01 pm
I finally got a new teacher! I haven't had my first lesson with him yet - (Next Wed, 4:30), but he's very highly rated by some ex-neighbors of mine, and he never seems to have any available openings!

I haven't been playing nearly as much since Christmas... chalk that up to my moving into a new house (and closing on it, packing, planning for my wedding, etc)... I could have been playing more, perhaps, but I'm pretty beat!!

Things are starting to settle down though - what's the best way to tell if he's a great teacher? My previous one (that I stopped going to in December) was a music major, so I learned some theory, but a lot of theory is hard to learn in only 1/2 hour a week (especially when you don't even know the instrument you're learning theory in reference to). LOL
# 1
canuck7
canuck7
02/07/2003 4:59 pm
i would say that if your teacher can make you really want to keep picking up your guitar then they are a great teacher. not really technique, but joy of playing. of course, look for technique and skill. but how much fun you have is the main ingredient.
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.