Whats the technical term for this....

PanteraSDMF
PanteraSDMF
02/04/2003 6:21 am
When you bar (for example) the 10th fret with your right hand (you're right handed) and then pull off the 15th and 12th frets...And build off that, some sort of tapping?
All that has been
All that's to be
No tomorrow
No Demise Of Sanity
# 1
u10ajf
u10ajf
02/04/2003 3:37 pm
when you swap hands round it's called REVERSE TAPPING
it's cool cause it looks mega posy but is no harder than regular tapping, in fact some things are easier to play reverse tapping them, its all down to the shapes the hand is most comfortable with on the fretboard.
Nb/ by bottom I mean the higher strings, by top, lower strings.
The left hand (as a rough rule) is happier playing with the first finger towards the bottom of the fretboard at a lower fret and at a higher fret and the little finger towards the top. The right hand, by contrast, is happier with the little finger towards the bottom at a lower fret and the 1st towards the top at a higher. For this reason some things may be easier to reverse tap than to regular tap.

Satriani quite sometimes uses his right hand to damp the strings while he plays a left hand legato, e.g. that "OH my God! How the ****? Riff from Mystical potato head" that sounds like a sweep but isn't."

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 2
PanteraSDMF
PanteraSDMF
02/06/2003 5:36 am
Thanks guys, really appreciate it

All that has been
All that's to be
No tomorrow
No Demise Of Sanity
# 3
PanteraSDMF
PanteraSDMF
02/07/2003 11:37 pm
Originally posted by aiwass
Yeah I did that trick at my band's last gig. It looks freaky, and it's hella fun!:D

I do that trick all the time. I saw Zakk Wylde do it on the budokan dvd and I was like "Woah, that looks f*ckin' awesome"...So I just toyed around with a few things and eventually mastered it.
I find it actually a lot more simple then regular tapping.
All that has been
All that's to be
No tomorrow
No Demise Of Sanity
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.