View post (Not sure of how to effectively use the GT lessons.)

View thread

martin.bayly
Full Access
martin.bayly
Full Access
03/25/2022 11:58 pm

Hey Joseph-D

Don't have any good suggestions. They look like some great supplemental lessons that Christoper linked.

But just to say, yes, you are absolutely not alone in having this problem.[br][br]I've had a similar experience with Rock Level 2 after having done Rock Level 1. Was managing the first few lessons OK, but when the tempo picked up on some pentantonic lessons, I was just way off the pace. I considered ploughing ahead and just doing the lessons slowly, but I figured maybe I'm just not ready, so decided to go back and do the other Level 1 lessons first (Blues, Country etc) to give myself more time to build up speed otherwise I think I'd just get frustrated with myself. And at the same time I do spend a little bit of practice time everyday working on speed/legato picking drills.[br][br]So far I am not seeing significant speed gains, and when I see how fast some people play, I just think there is no way I'm ever going to be able to play at that speed. But I just keep reminding myself that there was a time when I couldn't change from a C to D chord without leaving a pause that you could drive a truck through, so maybe with time and practice I'll get there some day.

Martin