View post (getting ready too call it quits)

View thread

dnkygirl23
dnkygirl23
03/08/2022 9:11 pm
Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

No, no, no, no, no...... Don't quit !

Read the preceding posts again carefully. If you quit, you [u]will[/u] come back to it... in a year, or five or ten. And eventually, like martin.bayly says, you [u]will[/u] kick yourself for having wasted so much precious time; time that you'll obviously never get back. Because, just like Sour_Note says, one day it will just click for reasons unknown. That day could be tomorrow.

Just keep experimenting and trying different parts of your finger, different angles, different rotations. You [u]will[/u] eventually find what you're looking for. It took me hundreds of hours to finally just stumble onto what works for my sorry fingers. And in retrospect, it was all worth it.

Take a look at my bony-ass fingers. Just skin pulled over bone. No good for barre chords.

There's no magic bullet that works for everyone. But there is one that will work for you. Just go find it. When you do, it will be one of the happiest days of your guitar playing life.

Nicolai

wow your pointing finger is on steroids. It's way bigger than all your other fingers. I have been working on strengthening that finger so I can apply pressure without killing myself. It still hurts after a long session, but it is getting better.

Ast3rix----