View post (getting ready too call it quits)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
02/25/2022 7:59 pm

There was an old thread on here asking people about their best concerts they've been too.

38 Special ranks right there with mine. Saw them at the Centrum in Worcester Massachusetts.

They were opening for oddly enough for Huey Lewis and the News. It was an eighties night.

Anyway, so as not to derail too far from the op's dilemna I think if you took a poll of who's having or had problems with barre chords the results would be an overwhelming high percentage of "yes".

Cheer up though because from what I read the important thing is that you can make the chord. I too sometimes get a weak tone almost half muted sound on the G string cause that's where the thinner part of my index finger rest on. As others pointed out it's just a matter of tweaking angles and pressures. It's a tonality problem. That will only be solved by time. I don't let it hinder me from learning and playing a song. It just becomes a daily part of your routine practice and as time goes on it will start to sound better and better. Try not to focus on it too much, just keep playing.

My two cents. Good Luck,

Moe