Upcoming Lesson Monday Nov 29 @ 4p

dberard608
Full Access
dberard608
Full Access
11/27/2021 3:23 am

Hi Mike

Wanted to give you a heads up regarding subject for upcoming lesson. The song I'm working on is Give A Little Bit by SuperTramp. It's an awesome 12 string song; however, for some unknown reason Inam having some trouble smoothing out the rhythm. I'm not trying to copy the original artist on exactly how it's played on the original recording;however, I have found a couple of YouTube videos lessons that would work for me, but I seem not to be getting it down to sound smooth. Hoping maybe you could help get me in the right direction. When you have a moment try googling Give A Little Bit Supertramp Guitar Lesson Jason Read as a reference as I think the rhythm depicted is a good compromise.

Looking forward to the upcoming lesson with you,

Thanks,

carmine

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/28/2021 2:29 pm

Hi Carmine - thanks for letting me know what you're working on. I'll check out the Jason Read video and we'll work on it at your lesson.

See you then!

Mike

Originally Posted by: dberard608

Hi Mike

Wanted to give you a heads up regarding subject for upcoming lesson. The song I'm working on is Give A Little Bit by SuperTramp. It's an awesome 12 string song; however, for some unknown reason Inam having some trouble smoothing out the rhythm. I'm not trying to copy the original artist on exactly how it's played on the original recording;however, I have found a couple of YouTube videos lessons that would work for me, but I seem not to be getting it down to sound smooth. Hoping maybe you could help get me in the right direction. When you have a moment try googling Give A Little Bit Supertramp Guitar Lesson Jason Read as a reference as I think the rhythm depicted is a good compromise.

Looking forward to the upcoming lesson with you,

Thanks,

carmine

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
anthm
anthm
11/29/2021 8:38 am

Hi Carmine,

I was wondering, Is it the case that if you pay for a private lesson you don't get to Personal Message the instructors? Still only a public forum for two-way communications?

Kind Regards

Anyhony

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/29/2021 4:23 pm

Hi Anthony - the lessons are set up on GT but through a third party scheduling system that does not facilitate private messaging. Private messaging is left up to the instructor's discretion but usually not required.

Mike

Originally Posted by: anthm

Hi Carmine,

I was wondering, Is it the case that if you pay for a private lesson you don't get to Personal Message the instructors? Still only a public forum for two-way communications?

Kind Regards

Anyhony

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
anthm
anthm
11/29/2021 11:58 pm

Cheers Mike,

all understood.

Kind Regards

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.