View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/13/2003 3:21 pm
What do you think..

How believable/likely are topics like mass-controll and global conspiracy?

How much controll does "one" actually have of the society, respectively to what extent is it possible to controll a society without it being aware of?

There are those who say that such a mass-controll must be extremely complicated and backed up by a huge machinery of thousands of people knowing about it and keeping it confident. therefore thats rather far-fetched and not very likely.

But is it realy that complicated? does it realy require such a big machinery?
Isn´t it more likely that the hundredthousands who aid the goal of spreading half-truths and propaganda are not even aware of doing so?

"Everyone has his/her own opinnion"

... is that realy true? Everyone - well - allmost everyone has an opinnion - that is surely true. but how much of it is realy his/her own? Part of it is - no doubt - but what about the rest?

One should think about the following questions:

How much of my opinnions, of my points of view, of my view of life in general is based on things that i´ve actively wittnesed by myself, on personal experiences? and how much of it is based on "facts" that i´ve heard/seen in the massmedia?

How difficult is it REALY for a rich and powerfull minority (which undoubtably exists) - thus for only a few - by providing enough money and/or preasure (both very convincing arguments in a kapitalistic society), to induce the big media-companies to slightly alter those above mentioned "facts" in a way that is advantageous for that minority?

Of what practical use could a selectively misinformed society be for this minority? What use could someone have of directing our opinions in a certain way?

How likely is it, that an object that has been conditioned that way passes on his/her opinions/viewpoints to the next generation? as a teacher in school maybe?

I think it is time to rethink ones views under those aspects. Maybe you begin to realize how easily we swallow the media fast-food without thinking. I´m sure that afterwards we will look a bit more critical to what we hear and see. the big conspiracies are not as top secret as everyone thinks. ironically enough they are hidden where we lease expect it - in public.

For somebody who is willing to use his brain (which is also a question of maturity) and not accepting everything the way it seems to be, it is very easy to see what is realy going on. but it seems that the majority is too lazy to activate their brains - of course it is much more comfortable to swallow little pre-fixed pieces of information with the mind in stand-by mode.

How far away are we from a totalitarian State? In a totalitarian state there is something like a Truth-ministary - a facility that determines what has to be true and what hasnt. what do we trust in most? is it the media maybe..

what this has got to do with the thread? quite alot!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]