View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/11/2003 12:09 am
Originally posted by SLY
I still can't accept that invading such a weak country on the other side of the world that can never attack you under any circumstances can be some sourt of self defense.
I still can't see what else can Iraq afford to do other than opening everywhere in their country for inspectors , to be said that they're fully co-operating with the UN.
(The U.S. can claim that Iraq is trying to hide something forever anyway , but this doesn't make Iraq guilty for hiding something)
And I still see that the U.S. government is taking war as some kinda easy business for lots of reasons, like trying new weapons , proving their domination and supremacy on the world , keeping their army in action , etc. till they prove otherwise.

I'm sure that if they realy wanted to change life & the regiem in Iraq gradualy & peacefully they could , as they could force Iraq to make lots of contributions before . (e.g. opening presidential sites for inspections )

I still wish & pray that the U.S. government change their attitude in the last moment or to find out that they were just using military threats for more contribution from Iraq.

Peace. [/B]

If you want to hear more ways for Iraq to comply with the weapons inspections, read the statements weapons inspectors have made.

The only thing to get any results so far is the credible threat of force, and the results they've produced are minor concessions designed by Saddam Hussein to buy himself some time.

So you don't agree with the US government's position because "it just can't be right," but you have no solid information to rebut its statements nor counterproposals that will actually work...

You know, if this doesn't go well, I could easily end up being drafted and killed in this war. I'd really like to hear some credible arguments against action here, but I'm not. I'm mostly hearing a combonation (and not neccessarily here, I'm on a lot of other forums too) of "America wants to do this, so it must be bad" and "I just don't think war is ever justified under any circumstances." It's actually becoming depressing for me to realize that I haven't heard any arguments against removing Saddam Hussein that give meaningful examples of his cooperation, peaceful plans that work, or evidence/arguments that come close to proving the Bush administration wrong on this. Instead I see name calling and accusations that don't fully ad up.

Considering that none of us have any real say in what happens in the next few weeks, how much time I'm spending here when I should be doing stuff at home or practicing, and that the debate is getting decidedly repedative, I'm bowing out of this thread. I just want to say I don't hold anything against anyone who's participated in this so far, but "the thrill is gone."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons