View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/08/2003 11:27 pm
Originally posted by SLY
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Name one concession that Saddam Hussein has made without the direct threat of force.

Cool , so you agree he can do more PEACEFULLY !
A threat of force is still peacefull , till the strikes begin.

However the concessions he does make are small and aimed at buying time, not actual progress in the inspections process. Anybody with a basic knowledge of strategy can see that he has no intention of disarming or complying with the UN demands. He's hoping that if he can't worm out of his obligations, he can put up a good fight.

65% of Americans actually support the war (with an International coalition, the number drops considerably without international support). You need to research more current information.

No , 75% of the Americans are against the war , anyway statistics might vary significantly from one state/source to another.[/quote]
No offence, but I live here, you don't. 65% support is a much more accurate number going by my observations, and I talk to people all over the country. 75% oposition might be an accurate description of the sentiments of the people my age and younger here, but sadly, most of America's youth have a pretty weak grasp of history and world events. They just think they're supposed to oppose the government, but really have no idea why. I can respect positions that disagree with mine, but only if they're informed positions. That isn't what you're seeing in the 25 years and younger crowd here in the US. Prime example: More and more vegans (people who eat absolutely no animal products) are popping up all over the nation... not realizing that if humans were intended to be herbavors, we'd have three times more intestine than we actually do. Now, a vegan diet can be quite healthy, but only if you're very careful about what you eat, and in my experience the average vegan really isn't aware of that.

Has the US left Afghanistan? No. We're training an Afghani army, we're protecting the interum government, and we're still fighting Taliban and Al Quida elementis in Afghanistan. This is part of the reason why the North Koreans are talking big - they know we don't have the spare military units to threaten them directly so they're making a play for assurances that they aren't "next" on the regime change list.

OK , so why don't you wait till you're finished with afghanistan first ? At least to see the results of your work .

I've said it many times before, the longer we wait to take the inevitable course of action with Saddam, the heavier the casualties for EVERYBODY. We do have the military power to overthrow Saddam, and especially with a coalition, there is no reason to wait and every reason to act.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons