View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/08/2003 10:30 pm
Hi rask nice to see ya ripping your way through 'em, ;)
THe difference between the gulf war and this war, is that the gulf was just a VERY VERY BIG air raid, and victory march home... This war, although faced with a much weaker and softer opponent, will be alot more of a gamble. It'll mean actaully invading Iraq, and there will be street combat, and any fundamentalist there will have the advantage, because you dont need hi-tech solutions, just a bull headed will to die...

This war really could go either way, the US could find it a cake walk, or it could get long and drawn out with a massive initail victory only to drag on with years of petty strife and never managing to establish a government... (check out Robert fisk's article "dont mention afganistan" for progress on the disbanding of the talaban and the scattering of the talaban, and the liberation... / oh it makes you proud..)

http://argument.independent.co.uk/commentators/story.jsp?story=375608

If britain went to war with France/ Germany/ Poland/ whatever that was a real threat and the evidence was laid on the table, I would honestly fight... but to be shown bits and bods, a dossier wich is pure plagarism out of a calafornain students (pre-gulf war) thesis, no real threat being shown (just colin powel holding up a bottle of harmless white powder scare mongering and indirectly suggesting a like between the anthrax attack, despite and american non-arab now being held suspect for it), showing us a list of human rights infringments that WE KNEW ABOUT yet did nothing, and what's worse is that during the Iran- iraq war we helped him cover them up!!! The hell with the draft... I'll go to prison if need be... but i'm in the UK, and the odds of it happening are very very slim... :)

I also noticed that some of the posts were getting a little heated, please calm down, or i THE MODERATOR, will step in... LOL, just be nice poeple, it's fine to disagree but dont get personal ok...