View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/08/2003 10:30 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
I still see no reason to defend the man, the regime, nor do I see a peaceful 'solution' that won't cost more lives in the long run and allows the Iraqi people "life, liberty and the pursuit of hapiness" that I believe they deserve.

Dude , no body defend the man or his Fu*king regiem cuz everybody simply hate him ... But a peacefull solution is always possible in the hands of the more powerfull , which is the U.S. in that case .
If the U.S. government realy want peace , I'm sure they can force Iraq to do a lot more contribution peacefully and through the UN with no need to war ... It's just cuz the current U.S. government has other goals than real peace.

And tell me , shouldn't the U.S. be on the TOP of the democratic world ?? Doesn't 75% of your own people oppose this war (including the american dude who started this thread) ??
Why is the government still insisting on this war inspite of all of this LOCAL & international oppositions ?

Let me tell you something , why doesn't the U.S. go finish what they started in Afghanistan first ??
We still haven't seen any democracy , freedom , McDonald's & PlayBoy magazines there yet ... As a matter of fact , the main target behind the war in Afghanistan was to get Bin Laden , Mula Omar & their fellows ... Where are they ? Are they dead or alive ? Who knows ?!

Are you sure Iraq is going to be better ? How can you be so sure it won't turn to be like Vietnam ?