View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/08/2003 12:56 am
Originally posted by SLY
Both sides ? what both sides ? From what I know is that only Iraqies are dying , and mostly of cancer ... Do you know why ?
Cancer rates have increased significantly in Iraq after the war , also since the war ended lots of mutated kids have been born , what is so specialy related that & was used in this war , huh?
Depleted Uranium !

Depleted Uranium rounds fired at tanks in open desert and in Kuwait are causing cancer deaths all around the nation of Iraq? I don't buy it. Come up with a reputable source and we'll discuss this.
Keep in mind, my figure of 500,000 starvation deaths directly linked to sanctions comes from educatedfilm. I think it's pretty safe to say he doesn't hold the official American position.

What do you want them to do with nuke scientists then ? Kill them so they don't get blame for developing nukes , or give them to the U.S. so that the U.S. (Iraq's main enemy now) benifit from them?
Nuclear scientists job isn't just developing nukes ... They teach in colleges and so , it's very normal for any non-nuclear country to have nuclear scientists without being accused for developing nukes.

Not [u]employed[/u] as nuclear scientists, they don't. Employed as professors who teach Chemistry or Physics, sure.

Who said they aren't allowed to have conventional rockets ?? According to the sanctions , Rockets should not exceed a given limit (2 or 3 hundreds as I can remember, not sure though).

Iraq is allowed certian weapons, but is not allowed to import ANY weapons. By the way, the cylinders in question are manufactured WELL beyond the specifications of any army in the world for the task Iraq claims they're for.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons