View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/05/2003 7:52 am
Originally posted by SLY
...My point was no matter how bad & evil is a regiem ruling a country , you don't have the moral right to attack unless they attack you first...

Exactly.
This is the point that Rask,Lord,Bush and the others are missing.
Rask has mentioned the various atrocities that Saddam has commited.Atrocities that demand his removal.By Bush and his "allies"(aside:I loved that "allies" cartoon).
Now,your Geroge War Bush called our former president,and I quote,something I saw on CNN,"...a good and strong leader of Kenya...".
Bush thinks Moi was a "good and strong leader".
This is what he doesn't know,or chooses to ignore coz there's no benefit for him to do otherwise:
Any crime against humanity you can mention has beed commited by this man in his 24 yr rule.
Political assassination.
Torture of political opponents.
Detentions without trial.
Hangings.
Mega large scale economic sabotage.
And if it wasn't for the people of Kenya,he wanted to continue ruling thro' a puppet.
And this man,according to one George War Bush,is a "good and strong leader".
I wonder what dictionary they use in the White House.
And according to that same George,a man who has commited these same acts(albeit on a grander scale:don't argue this point.Is that Washington(?) sniper any better than Charlie Manson?)needs to be removed from power.
It's despicable,coming from Bush.
And when I talk about Kenya,I live there.I have lived there all my life.I'm 24 next Monday.I know exactly wtf I'm talking about.
Would any of you guys say that the Saudi govt. is a model of demaocracy and freedom and justice for all and sundry in that country?
But Rask said that America's relationship with the saudis is a business one.So as long the "business" is ok,to quote mettalica,"Nothing else matters"?
Is the Saudi model what you want to install in Iraq?I mean,you're doing business with them,and you wouldn't do business with a "bad"(these words are relative.Just ask Bush) regime,now,would you?
Rask,if sovereign nations go about removing the regimes in other sovereign nations that they consider "bad"(:eek: )who will decide who removes what regime when?And what criteria will be applied?And to what extent will that criteria be used?And how will that criteria be formulated?By who?
It's one thing for you to rescue,at a given instace,your neighbour from his wife battering husband.This is very different.These are nations we are talking about.You see,couples,everyone,is under their domestic laws.
How about nations?Who is America answerable to for their actions?God?The milky way supreme court?WHO??
This is a very fundamental question you're missing.