View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/28/2003 1:49 am
Originally posted by SLY
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
A reccuring theme here is that the US supported Saddam Hussein at one time. It's true of course, but what I fail to understand is how this fact makes the US less responsible for fixing the problem we helped create.

Maybe I'm strange, but I was brought up to fix something if you break it.

Excuse me, but what makes you so sure that war will fix everything instead of spreading chaos all over the world , and hatred against the U.S. imperialism ?
And did you learn to sacrifice the lives of innocent people just to achieve your goals (Oil & Domination in this case) ?

And why is the U.S. insisting on this war ? why don't they just try to get rid of Saddam by any other peaceful way ? Is it just that they want to try new american weapons in real action , and use other weapons that will expire in few years if not used now?[Edited by SLY on 01-25-2003 at 03:18 PM]

I take no offense, to do so is pretty much a waste of energy and detracts from what I'm sure we can all agree is a very important discussion.

Now - onto business...
What 'other peaceful way?' Sanctions have failed for twelve consecutive years. Limited air strikes have failed, diplomacy has failed. What other peaceful method of resolution is left here? We're prolonging the inevitable while allowing more innocent Iraqis to starve and Saddam more and more time to prepare for an attack - very effectively lengthening any action that will have to be taken agaisnt him.

A sloppily executed war will invaribly lead to more trouble, but look at US military doctrine: precision strikes against military targets, minimize civilian casualties, treat POWs well, encourage disloyalty in the enemy's ranks...

This won't be sloppy.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons