View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

01/22/2003 3:06 am

People are afraid about the augmentation of fuel price.
With the war.

The price of the barrel will never be a problem since I really doubt it would stay over 30$ in the futur for one simple reason.

If the barrel should go over 30$ it would mean that it is time to search for new fuel productions that are, at this point, non lucrative since they are well over the price of the barrel.

This means that even if the cost of producing fuel in america via non traditional ways is not profitable right now, if the barrel gets too hich it would then be profitable since we, customers, are willing to pay that much.

Just think for a moment, if we are able to produce fuel with another process and use our own natural ressources. Then why would we need Hussien's fuel. There would be no reason for it.

We got tons of fuel in sand in canada (can't remember the scientific word for it). We do not transform it yet since the price of producing a barrel is too high. We're better off buying from Hussein.

And what about other things like Hydrogen and electricity, natural gas. If they decide to up the price of the barrel too high, those ressources might be cheaper to produce.

This is why I don't beleive that the price of the barrel is such an amazing weapon. Short term maybe but never on a long term horizon.

I would be curious to see the amount of money spent on developping new energy sources to slowly detached ourself of our need of fuel.

Just a point of view I heard and believe in.