View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

01/22/2003 1:43 am
My father's a ex Canadian Air Force officer, I got uncle's that fought WW2 and other uncles in different branches of the military.

For me there's no questions about it, I'd fight for my country and for others as well. I won't go search for a war but if it came to me i'd anwser the call.

I was taught that freedom has a price and it was worth fighting for.

I don't beleive in what Bush does right now. Not to be disrespectfull to the US people but Bush looks like a power ungry junky always looking to pick a fight. I don't see the crisis with a good eye and fear the consequenses. You can't expect other cultures to live the way you want them too. Part of freedom is respecting cultures.

I'm not talking about hussien but about the poor people that will suffer from this futur war.

I'm not aware of every aspect of this crisis and don't really take side right now. Somebody should tell Bush to ease up on the power trip for a while, children might suffer in the end.

I would stay in my country and face up the decisions I made when I elected that president. It's really for me to say that right now since I don't feel treatened, if the day should come and they draft me here, I'll probably sing another song :)

We're all strong and powerfull in theory, sitting down in our living room and watching tv ,but when we have to face the facts, it's often another story

reading this post over one more time makes me realise that this is probably not helping you, but was fun to write :)

[Edited by Benoit on 01-21-2003 at 07:49 PM]