Navigating the lessons - where am I going wrong?

dunno100
dunno100
08/12/2021 9:36 am

Hi, I seem to be spending most of my time in lessons trying to find where I left off last time. I am greatly confused with what seems a less than fully transparent navigation system.

For example, my last lesson was Guitar fundamentals 1: 4. Learn the song 'Would you'. How can I go straight there when I return to the lessons?.

I know there are 'History' and 'Last lesson' tabs but they do not help me much when I have been navigating randomly to lots of places trying to find my last lesson.

I need to have a full list of all the lessons in sequence to chose where I can go, rather than a list of chapters that I have to guess which one holds my lesson or depending on the navigation system telling me where I have been or was last time. I cannot find this lesson in the GF1 Chapter sequences, at least without opening up several lessons to dig deeper.

Thx in advance for any advice.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/12/2021 11:42 am
Originally Posted by: dunno100

For example, my last lesson was Guitar fundamentals 1: 4. Learn the song 'Would you'. How can I go straight there when I return to the lessons?.

[p]One possible way to get back to a lesson you were recently (but not immediately) viewing is to use the Progress button.

https://www.guitartricks.com/progress/

You can see lessons from various categories or courses you recently viewed. And you can scroll through the list!

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/12/2021 4:28 pm

I rely almost exclusively upon making the respective lesson a "Favorite". Then, when clicking on the Favorites tab at the top of any GT page, the list of so marked lessons will appear with the most recently marked lesson on top. To access the Favorites even faster, I have the GT Favorites page saved at the top of my Edge browser page on the Favorites bar. One click there takes me to my GT Favorites page.

The list of Favorites can be organized somewhat. It's clunky but at least the order of appearance of the lessons listed on the individual Favorites pages (yeah, I have a lot listed) can be moved up and down.

Time for my annual request: Give the Favorites page the same capabilty such as that in the Edge browser. That is, let us create folders and place our favorites in the folders. Allow us, then, to arrange those folders on the Favorites page. In other words, give us the capbility to treat GT Favorites the same way favorites are handled by Edge.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
dunno100
dunno100
08/13/2021 8:48 am

Thanks to both of you for great suggestions. I will use the 'Progress' method as it shows more data, such as % completion and categories. Exactly what I was looking for. I can now focus on content instead of navigating around in circles! (It's a great course by the way).

# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/13/2021 1:36 pm
Originally Posted by: dunno100

Thanks to both of you for great suggestions. I will use the 'Progress' method as it shows more data, such as % completion and categories. Exactly what I was looking for. I can now focus on content instead of navigating around in circles! (It's a great course by the way).

Good deal! Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.