what guitar should i buy?

taylormarkow
taylormarkow
01/20/2003 4:29 am
i just had my bar mitzvah and for a present my parents will buy me any guitar, within reason.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was why several of us died of tuberculosis.
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
01/20/2003 5:27 am

don't ask us. go out to guitar center or whatever store is near you and spend a few hours playing different guitars. guitar tone you can customize afterward, but every guitar has a different feel. it's important that you find the one that will feel best in your hands. it's very hard for us to tell you which one would be good. but overall any brand is fine, altough if i were you i would stay away from squier guitars.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
gernm18
gernm18
01/20/2003 5:45 am
if u have like 500 bucks u should buy an epiphone les paul
they are great
great sound
great feeling
i bought one some weeks ago and it is great it helps a lot
German
# 3
janir123
janir123
01/20/2003 6:12 am
I don't want to tell you what you should buy 'cause in the end it all about your personal taste but I would suggest you
should check out for a used Hamer USA guitar. I've had my '86 Hamer Phantom for 4 years and all it takes is new strings every now and then. My friend had it before me and I know where he bought it from so I can tell exactly where it has been for the last 12 years. There's never been any kind of trouble with it. It's been set up once or twice during it's existence. The frets are still like new. They're all hand made in the US. Just check them out!!! If you need help with any model info or like to know how they sound I would love to help.
Thanks

Jani
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.