View post (Backtracking in my studies.)

View thread

scottrpileggi
scottrpileggi
04/23/2021 2:01 am

Hey everyone!

I've hit the point in my Rock course journey where I think I'm going to step on the brakes for a moment and revisit some old concepts.

I've been slowly chipping away at the Rock course over the last 1-2 years. Has obviously transformed my playing completely and I'm well on the way to getting over that intermediate hump.

I'm half way through Rock level 2 as we speak, and I just finished the arpeggio lessons. It was at this point that I decided to go all the way back to Rock level 1 and redo soloing 101. I think revisiting these concepts with better technique and more wisdom will really help solidify it all. For me, I have no problem playing any of the licks, including the arpeggios. It's more tying it all together and improvising with them in a way that's stylish.

I hope after revising soloing 101, lead secrets revealed, and the Arpeggio lessons once more, that'll really take my lead playing to the next level.

That, and my vibrato and bending still kind of sucks. Like, not terrible, but definitely unprofessional sounding. And it still just feels kind of unnatural.

When was a time you decided to pause your progression throughout a course to backtrack and work on some areas of opportunity?

Also, could anyone share their experiences of doing a live lesson with Anders on here; I'm thinking about possibly doing that to sort out some of the 'fine tuning' my playing requires.

Happy to be here! Still one of the greatest decisions I've ever made!