Thanks for the journey so far...

fingolfen
fingolfen
04/19/2021 10:38 pm

I don't know if this is a case of "thanks" or "blame" - or if they're effectively the same thing, but I really want to thank Guitar Tricks and especially Lisa McCormick.

I'm a somewhat experienced musician, but had never played guitar (or any stringed instrument for that matter). Seven months ago I took the plunge and picked up my first guitar (which was recently followed by a second... and so it begins...) and started working through the Fundamentals 1 course. I finished it up about a month ago and have started Fundamentals 2 (though I'm still trying to completely get "With You I Am Whole" cleaned up at full tempo).

Along the way I picked up music and tab for some songs I'd like to play. Many of which are my heroes and it will take a bit more time to get there, but over the past 2 or 3 months I've noticed a funny thing. Not all of those songs are out of reach any longer. While the strumming pattern is a bit tricker (and I'm still putting "up" and "down" arrows on my music to remind me which stroke to use), "Zombie" by the Cranberries actually has a lot easier chord progression than "With You I am Whole."

I feel like I'm finally starting to "get it" and transition from rank beginniner to someone who can actually play a few songs - that people would actually want to hear! Given that "in person" lessons are still off the table because of COVID, Guitar Tricks has filled the niche perfectly - and helped keep me sane with a wonderful new world of music I'd always appreciated, but had never been able to play.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/20/2021 5:26 pm

This is fantastic! Thank you for writing in with such an accomplished guitar journey. Nice work, well done! I'm sure Lisa would love hearing from you as well, you can message her directly in her section of the forum:https://www.guitartricks.com/forum/threads.php?f=46

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.