Thoughts on the Fender LT25?

vbgooroo
vbgooroo
04/01/2021 6:08 pm

This amp is very affordable and seems to do all of the "Spark" things. This will be for learning, practice and learning about different tones, pedals etc.

Thanks

# 1
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
04/08/2021 4:54 am

A few folks I know own and love the fender lt25. Fun and solid amp. Fender is also known for their amps.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 2
LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
12/26/2021 8:06 am

I bought one and I love it. [br][br]But there are some issues. The unit I bought was supplied with an ungrounded EU-type plug. I live outside of the US but my house electrics are grounded. [br][br]I went around with Fender support for over two months. They blamed the distributor, the retailer, blah blah blah for not supplying a grounded power cord (which they could have easily sent me but chose not to do) and pretty much said it wasn't their problem. I wrote to Fender Corporate and have the signed receipt for delivery (signed by C. Ovid) and I never received a reply to my letter. Think about that - a courier sent letter to Fender Corporat signed "C. Ovid". Very funny. It probably was trashed. Not professional. I kept pushing on Fender support and they finally just said that it must be a faulty amp and take it back to the retailer. I don't believe it. Why? Because I finaly bought my own GROUNDED cable and it resolved the problem.[br][br]I contacted other forums and found that the power cord is pretty much the same cord you'd use with a desktop computer - it's a trapazoid plug. I purchased one online for the equivalant of $7 bucks. Problem solved. [br]Trying to work with Fender Support for two months - excuses and BS. [br][br]So back to the amp - I love it. It is a good buy, you'll enjoy it. But check out the power cord that came with it. Fender support is lacking in their commitment to safety. If you've got a grounded power cord? Enjoy this wonderful amp. If not - buy one - don't depend on Fender to guarentee your safety by supplying you with an unground power cord.

# 3
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
01/01/2022 11:45 am

In the UK and my Fender LT came with both styles of power cord.

Couple of useful review videos on YouTube which explain the simplicity of the amp very well.

Guitar in, headphones in and Guitar Tricks in via the iPad and Aux in.

Some preset sounds I will never use but still fun working your way through them. [br]Brilliant amp for the price.

Huge step up from my smaller Orange Micro Crush practice amp. [br]Some equal or better options available but are in the next price bracket. [br]Only good things to report about my new amp

Need to get better to fully appreciate it.

Dave L

# 4
LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
01/02/2022 9:25 am

Here's a like to the owner's manual. Check it out.[br][br]https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/OM_2311100000_Mustang_LT25_English.pdf

# 5
LamphunLamyai
LamphunLamyai
01/02/2022 9:33 am
Originally Posted by: ddiddler

In the UK and my Fender LT came with both styles of power cord.

[br][br]Fender Consumer Support were pretty worthless. Great equipment. [br]But support. They simply didn't seem to give a **** about a real safety issue. [br][br]Two months and what did I get? "Take it back to the retailer as it may be defected."[br]That was after I didn't use it for a number of weeks after buying it because I couldn't get anyone to reply to my concerns and inquires. That really sucks. [br][br]Once I had a properly grounded cord there wasn't a problem. Just be aware. Caveat Emptor.

# 6
jdbeaudry
jdbeaudry
01/04/2022 12:48 am

It was my first modelling amp and it was great. I have since moved on but my son now uses it and he loves it as well.

# 7
ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
01/04/2022 11:58 am

LamphunLamyai

cheers for the link

I had only just looked at the more in depth manual..

Again being in the UK, the first port of call with any faulty or missing bits and pieces would be with the retailer.

It's how our consumer protection is set up.

No idea how it works in other countries.

the circular tug of war between customer , retailer, manufacturer back to retailer is unfortunately quite a common complaint

dave

# 8
Cara C
Full Access
Cara C
Full Access
01/30/2022 10:34 pm

My fender mustang amp arrived in the uk with a two pin European plug. I contacted the vendor who sent me a cable with a uk plug but it was the wrong fuse rating. So I contacted fender GBI customer support who sent me the correct power cable with the correct fuse rating. They were very helpful.

Cheers

Cara C

# 9
afpierson
afpierson
02/22/2022 7:24 pm

I bought a Fender LT25 that was just delivered today. I also purchased an Acoustic A40 because I want the best sound out of my acoustic. If anyone has any recommendations, I am all ears.

# 10
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
02/24/2022 4:58 am
Originally Posted by: afpierson

I bought a Fender LT25 that was just delivered today. I also purchased an Acoustic A40 because I want the best sound out of my acoustic. If anyone has any recommendations, I am all ears.

Are you asking for recommendations about how to use your new amps, or recommendations for other model amps and acoustic amps?

Nicolai

# 11
aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
02/27/2022 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: LamphunLamyai

Trying to work with Fender Support for two months - excuses and BS....

.....So back to the amp - I love it. It is a good buy, you'll enjoy it.

Ditto on both counts. About 10 months ago I purchased a Mustang 1 V.2 (the predecessor to the LT25) from Sweetwater. I tried to contact Fender to get an owner's manual rather than the quick start guide that came with it. The functions weren't exactly intuitive. I also discovered that I needed a firmware upgrade to fix some issues with the modulation button.

I tried to contact them via website, e-mail and phone......... chirp, chirp, chirp. Sweetwater tech support was able to get through somehow, only to discover that Fender no longer supported the amp in any way - no longer provided the necessary firmware upgrades and no longer honored the warranty. They simply disowned the amp altogether. Fortunately, Sweetwater offered me store credit for it and I used it to purchase the LT25.

With the help of the downloadable owner's manual I was able to figure out all the LT25 functions. It's a fun amp with quite a few wild preset sounds that can be modified and saved to additional empty sound slots. I can also download additional preset sounds as they become available. The overall sound is good. Great value for the money... so long as you don't have problems with it.

I have to put up with a little bit of electrical (perhaps loopback related) static but not enough that I want to change out the power cord. The interference is in any case more likely due to the alien spacecraft that cruises my neighborhood, constantly trying to alter my brainwaves. But nothing that can't be blocked with a simple Reynold's Wrap aluminum foil skull cap. ;-)

Nicolai

# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.