View post (Thoughts on the Fender LT25?)

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
02/27/2022 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: LamphunLamyai

Trying to work with Fender Support for two months - excuses and BS....

.....So back to the amp - I love it. It is a good buy, you'll enjoy it.

Ditto on both counts. About 10 months ago I purchased a Mustang 1 V.2 (the predecessor to the LT25) from Sweetwater. I tried to contact Fender to get an owner's manual rather than the quick start guide that came with it. The functions weren't exactly intuitive. I also discovered that I needed a firmware upgrade to fix some issues with the modulation button.

I tried to contact them via website, e-mail and phone......... chirp, chirp, chirp. Sweetwater tech support was able to get through somehow, only to discover that Fender no longer supported the amp in any way - no longer provided the necessary firmware upgrades and no longer honored the warranty. They simply disowned the amp altogether. Fortunately, Sweetwater offered me store credit for it and I used it to purchase the LT25.

With the help of the downloadable owner's manual I was able to figure out all the LT25 functions. It's a fun amp with quite a few wild preset sounds that can be modified and saved to additional empty sound slots. I can also download additional preset sounds as they become available. The overall sound is good. Great value for the money... so long as you don't have problems with it.

I have to put up with a little bit of electrical (perhaps loopback related) static but not enough that I want to change out the power cord. The interference is in any case more likely due to the alien spacecraft that cruises my neighborhood, constantly trying to alter my brainwaves. But nothing that can't be blocked with a simple Reynold's Wrap aluminum foil skull cap. ;-)

Nicolai