VOX mini 3 g2 cl and quiet pedal effects

paddycallaghan
paddycallaghan
02/16/2021 6:37 pm

Hi

I have a vox mini 3 g2 cl and a basic electric guitar

To try and add more spice and tone I have bought two pedals. A Donner yellow fall delay, and a Coral verb II. I have tried both separate with the guitar going to the pedal then to the amp input.

Both pedals show very little effect, and the effect it does is very quiet.

Any advice?

I am currently trying a wireless connection from my guitar to the pedal input and then cable to the amp

This is because when I tried all cabling u get interference.

I think this might be a reason why but before I buy more cables would check.

Thanks in advance

paddy

# 1
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
02/16/2021 7:13 pm

Paddy,

Your choice of pedals is interesting to "try and add more spice and tone". They are two modulation pedals. While Reverb and Delay are different, they are similar. I might suggest for your next pedal, of course depending on your musical taste, something to add some "crunch" or "dirt". In other words, an overdrive pedal. But that isn't whaat you asked about.

If you have these cranked up, especially the delay pedal, you should definitely tell it. I'm not familiar with either of your pedals. But with any delay pedal you should have "feedback" and "delay" knobs. Turn them all the way clockwise. You should get hundreds of repeats for every note and they should go on for what seems like forever. If not, something is definitely wrong.

Every (almost) has a knob to blend the "dry" signal, your original guitar signal, with the "wet" signal, the one that has been modified. If you set it at 12 noon you should be sending a 50/50 blend of the two to your amp. Make sure that isn't off so you aren't sending any modified signal. If that's off all you are doing is sending your original signal to the amp.

Beyond that, hopefully some people on here more knowledgeable than I about pedals will help.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 2
paddycallaghan
paddycallaghan
02/16/2021 8:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. Spice and tone is my newbie way of saying effects :)

I did get the yellow fall doing some echo/ delay and got it lasting a while but the sound is so quiet it's barely audible.

The coral verb II doesn't seem to allow me to turn off wet/dry in the mix dial so don't think that's the issue. But again, if it is making any effect it's so quiet it's barely noticeable.

Maybe it is working but the volume is messed up?!?

# 3
Herman10
Herman10
02/17/2021 9:55 am

Delay and reverb pedal??? the Vox mini already has that and as for the noise you get with a cable, it is probably your guitar that isn't shielded. As for the overall volume, hey man it's only 3 watts with a little speaker, it is not a Marshall tower.

# 4
paddycallaghan
paddycallaghan
02/19/2021 9:31 am

The delay in the vox also seems ineffectual. Really quiet.

I am wondering if I'm completely setting this up wrong.

I did read last night about the tap button seeing the time for it, I think I've been using that wrong.

I'll give that a go... It all seems so straight forward that they lack of any effects is picking me as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the reply

# 5
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
02/19/2021 12:58 pm

Is the tone from your amp set to clean or distorted? Reason I'm asking is because if you have the amp set to distortion then the effects may not sound so pronounced, try keeping the amp set to clean, dial in your effects then switch to distortion if you are using it.

# 6
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/19/2021 2:15 pm
Originally Posted by: paddycallaghan

I have a vox mini 3 g2 cl and a basic electric guitar

To try and add more spice and tone I have bought two pedals. A Donner yellow fall delay, and a Coral verb II. I have tried both separate with the guitar going to the pedal then to the amp input.[/quote][p]Can you post a picture of the setup showing the effects pedal controls?

Originally Posted by: paddycallaghan

I am currently trying a wireless connection from my guitar to the pedal input and then cable to the amp

[p]Have you tried it without the wireless? Just using standard cables for everything?

[quote=paddycallaghan]

This is because when I tried all cabling u get interference.

[p]Does this mean you did try with cables & it worked?

Have you tried one effect at a time with cables?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.