View post (VOX mini 3 g2 cl and quiet pedal effects)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
02/16/2021 7:13 pm

Paddy,

Your choice of pedals is interesting to "try and add more spice and tone". They are two modulation pedals. While Reverb and Delay are different, they are similar. I might suggest for your next pedal, of course depending on your musical taste, something to add some "crunch" or "dirt". In other words, an overdrive pedal. But that isn't whaat you asked about.

If you have these cranked up, especially the delay pedal, you should definitely tell it. I'm not familiar with either of your pedals. But with any delay pedal you should have "feedback" and "delay" knobs. Turn them all the way clockwise. You should get hundreds of repeats for every note and they should go on for what seems like forever. If not, something is definitely wrong.

Every (almost) has a knob to blend the "dry" signal, your original guitar signal, with the "wet" signal, the one that has been modified. If you set it at 12 noon you should be sending a 50/50 blend of the two to your amp. Make sure that isn't off so you aren't sending any modified signal. If that's off all you are doing is sending your original signal to the amp.

Beyond that, hopefully some people on here more knowledgeable than I about pedals will help.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45