Ibanez Parlour Guitar

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/04/2021 11:24 pm

Nice! I just bought an Ibanez Artwood and I LOVE it! Was going to go for the Martin, but got seduced by the Inbanez instead and I'm glad I did. If yours sounds and plays anything like mine, you did good.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/04/2021 11:29 pm

It sounds pretty good Faith. Quite deep. Very surprising considering how tiny it is.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
01/05/2021 3:09 pm

Time to learn some Robert Johnson now William 😉

There's a good lesson on here of Clapton's version of Me and the devil blues that would sound great played on your new guitar.

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/05/2021 3:50 pm

haha my thoughts exactly, even brought in my thumb pick (dont know if he used that but it seems to fit)

# 4
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
01/05/2021 8:21 pm

William and Faith... Aren't you two the lucky ones! New guitars that you both love. Everyone who is struggling with guitars of the wrong size for their bodies should listen to your story. Most people don't realize that guitars come in many sizes and the size doesn't dictate quality of sound!!!!! It has been a long time since I got to have the thrill of a new guitar. I envy you both.

If it is well made, there is no reason a parlor guitar should not sound good! I have a small friend who bought a very small parlor guitar and that instrument sounds fantastic. It comes down to the quality of the workmanship. If it is well built, it will sound good. So, if you can afford it, there is no reason to struggle with a guitar that is to big, or small for you. It should all be about having a guitar that fits your body and sounds good. Trust me... the right ax is out there waiting for you to show up and fall in love. You may have to look around to find the one that really works for you, but that is also true for most thing of any real worth.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/05/2021 8:40 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

There's a good lesson on here of Clapton's version of Me and the devil blues that would sound great played on your new guitar.

Fuzz, this song is awesome! Really glad you pointed it out. I am going to start it.

Thanks!

# 6
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/05/2021 8:46 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

William and Faith... Aren't you two the lucky ones!

Thanks Sno, I spend too much time swapping gear, but its a fun hobby and my wife always knows where I am. Before Covid I had a regular route of the local pawns and I would drop in at lunch time to see what's what.

Funny thing about this little gem is that once I got into it last night I think I figured out why the seller wanted to sell it - the neck had a huge bow in the middle. I let off the tension and it plays like a dream now.

# 7
faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
01/05/2021 10:14 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

William and Faith... Aren't you two the lucky ones! New guitars that you both love. Everyone who is struggling with guitars of the wrong size for their bodies should listen to your story. Most people don't realize that guitars come in many sizes and the size doesn't dictate quality of sound!!!!! It has been a long time since I got to have the thrill of a new guitar. I envy you both.

Well, mine's not a parlor, but it's significantly smaller/thinner/lighter than the Fender acoustic I had. And both the size and (I believe) the better quality makes a HUGE difference. It's true that a master can sound good on anything, but I think it's also true that those of us who are definitely NOT masters benefit from gear that doesn't get in the way, literally and tonally.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."

# 8
mjgodin
mjgodin
01/05/2021 10:20 pm

That's a nice little ax you got there William. Enjoy. I agree with sno about size. There are some amazing sounding smaller guitars out there. My Breedlove is a concert size and doesn't feel too big, but I do get some pain or numbness when I'm strumming in my forearm. Someone told me it's because the guitar is too big but I'm 5-10 and don't feel like it is but then again at my age and the physical stress my job puts on my body it might benefit me to look into downsizing. Size not quality. When this pandemic is over I'm gonna take a closer look at what Breedlove has to offer in a parlour or look into Taylor's gs mini or the little Martin. Both are affordable and I love the looks of the koa gs mini. Have fun. [br][br]

Moe

# 9
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
01/05/2021 11:22 pm

Thanks Moe, you'll like that mini.

# 10
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
01/06/2021 9:46 am
Originally Posted by: William MG
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

Fuzz, this song is awesome! Really glad you pointed it out. I am going to start it.

Thanks!

Glad you like the song William, I really enjoyed the lessons for it I here and it's a really fun song to play, there's a lesson for another Robert Johnson song on here called Stop breaking down, which is on my list to learn soon.

# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.