First Lesson - Things I would like help with

soccer1stlife2nd
soccer1stlife2nd
12/26/2020 8:35 pm

Hi Mike!

Our first lesson is on Monday the 28th of January and I did not make it through Guitar Fundamentals 2 given I don't think I fully understand some of the concepts as of right now. We can cover the following topics and the rest of Guitar Fundamentals 2 as well as the song Johnny B. Goode at whatever pace you think is most appropriate.

1.) What exactly is a power chord?

2.) The Half Step, Whole Step system in Guitar Fundamentals 2, especially as it pertains to sharp and flat.

3.) Octaves

4.) Major Scale Formulas by Intervals

5.) Major Chords, especially as it pertains to the Major Triad and 2 essential Ingredients.

6.) The F chord has given me a lot of trouble, I know its a difficult one, but I have found no matter how I move my fingers on the fret board at least one string is muted, more commonly two are muted.

That is it for me thus far. I have taken a good amount of notes as well, mostly graphcs on the different chords and the different scales. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and please stay safe!

Michael

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/27/2020 12:43 pm

Hi Michael - I'm happy to go over all of your questions in the session. Looking forward to it!

Mike

Originally Posted by: soccer1stlife2nd

Hi Mike!

Our first lesson is on Monday the 28th of January and I did not make it through Guitar Fundamentals 2 given I don't think I fully understand some of the concepts as of right now. We can cover the following topics and the rest of Guitar Fundamentals 2 as well as the song Johnny B. Goode at whatever pace you think is most appropriate.

1.) What exactly is a power chord?

2.) The Half Step, Whole Step system in Guitar Fundamentals 2, especially as it pertains to sharp and flat.

3.) Octaves

4.) Major Scale Formulas by Intervals

5.) Major Chords, especially as it pertains to the Major Triad and 2 essential Ingredients.

6.) The F chord has given me a lot of trouble, I know its a difficult one, but I have found no matter how I move my fingers on the fret board at least one string is muted, more commonly two are muted.

That is it for me thus far. I have taken a good amount of notes as well, mostly graphcs on the different chords and the different scales. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and please stay safe!

Michael

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.