Guitar Fundamentals

rich.messner
Full Access
rich.messner
Full Access
12/13/2020 9:52 am

Hey everyone Rich M. here, I am about 5 1/2 months in now and still working thru Guitar Fundamentals 1, I really enjoy the structure and the process, I am taking my time, to give each valuable lesson enough practice time. I stil struggle with timely chord changes as my fingers are really stubborn. I also have trouble with play alongs as I get distracted (Is this normal?) But, I find backing tracks and melodies much easier and rewarding. So I split time between practicing chords, melodies, rythem and timing. Does anyone else feel they have no rythem like I do? Please share any thoughts or helpful hints as I not only appreciate but I value your advice.

Play on!!

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/13/2020 12:18 pm

Hi Rich,

Originally Posted by: rich.messner

I stil struggle with timely chord changes

[/quote]

Will improve with practice. Continue to go slow and build up speed (tempo) as you can.

Originally Posted by: rich.messner

I also have trouble with play alongs as I get distracted (Is this normal?)

[/quote]

Hmmm, not sure on this one. If it's a phone, I would turn it off.

[quote=rich.messner]

But, I find backing tracks and melodies much easier and rewarding.

I think it is very important to be working on material that is interesting to us. But having said that, I guess there is material I need to continue working on that is boring, but without maintaining the practice (I am talking scales) I tend to lose muscle memory fairly quickly. But then again, it will come back quickly once I start again.

[quote=rich.messner]

Does anyone else feel they have no rythem like I do?

Yes, definately.

Watch this...

Rich

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
rich.messner
Full Access
rich.messner
Full Access
12/14/2020 3:10 am

Much thanks Bill:

I really appreciate the feedback and really dig the personalized video as well.

I will keep at it, right now I am up to strum patterns in Guitar Fundamentals and as I said I am taking my time, so I can at least try to "feel" the rythem as well as learn the patterns.

I do know how to play Auld Lang Syne, slow in tempo, but netherless correctly. (Tis the Season).

Keep Rockin Bill: A big thank you!

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/14/2020 11:13 am

my pleasure Rich

# 4
JoanneFraser
JoanneFraser
12/24/2020 4:42 pm

Thank you for your pieces of advice! I found this thread important and useful for me! I also had these problems when I start playing the guitar. But due to my friends and to https://guitorplanet.com, I have them already solved. On this site, you can find a lot of reviews and guides. For me, as a guitarist, this platform is my third hand. It's a useful helper that I use every day. I think that there you will find details on how to overcome these problems. I hope that my experience will be useful to you! Good luck!

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
12/25/2020 12:46 am
Originally Posted by: JoanneFraser

Thank you for your pieces of advice! I found this thread important and useful for me! I also had these problems when I start playing the guitar.

Glad it helped Joanne

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.