View post (FRUSTRATED)

View thread

JOMJ
JOMJ
12/14/2020 9:39 am

Hi I am a beginner myself but I do know about learning, setting goals etc.

Perhaps it might help to let go a little bit where you want to end up as a guitarist and realize, you are already a guitarist. Perhaps not the level you want to be, but you are. So try to enjoy the process because this is the process and will be forever and ever. When you are 10 years ahead, you might either play the same songs over and over, or challenge yourself again to learn something deeper.

What i've been thinking about a little bit the last week was: What do I want to get out of learning how to play the guitar?

I heard myself saying: Well, I want to play at night, to chill out and play some blues. Enjoying myself, but also learning. Just, playing guitar.

Hmmmmmmmm that's what I am doing now!

So, yes, I am now learning the most basics of guitar, but I do imagine that I might be learning how to play Jimmy Hendrix 10 years from now where that note progression (or whatever) just isn't working.

So, long story short, tldr; ... Focus on the proces and not so much on where you want to end up.

"You find a lot of people these days who cannot stand to be alone. You could lock me up in solitary for weeks on end, and I'd keep myself amused."