Tele?

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/03/2003 8:03 pm
I have been playing for about 3 years now and I am looking at buying another guitar ( not replacing my current axe )
I like the look and sound of a Mexican Telecaster (Fender not Squire)...can anyone tell me their opinions of these guitars or give me examples of guitars that they find better in a similar prce range of (7000 Sa Rands, so about $750)and tell me about those guitars...
Andrew
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/03/2003 11:21 pm
I love my Tele, and it's Mexican..

With Mexican Fenders you have to watch out for quality issues - they're not all crap, but they're not all good either. If you've tried it, it checks out, and you like the sound, I say go for it. The nice thing about a Mexican Tele would be that if it starts to feel a bit bland, you can hotrod it without fear of ruining an expensive axe. I plan to put a SD Invader in mine sometime in the near future and maybe do something about an acoustic pickup in the bridge.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/04/2003 1:07 am
I also love my Tele. It has such a warm feeling and tone. Personally I prefer the Maple neck as opposed to the Rosewood. I find the Maple has a better feel and is easier to slide. Overall the guitar is great, I am looking into putting some Noiseless Pickups, but other than that, no complaints.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/04/2003 1:32 am
I have a Tex Mex strat and it is excellent ! Try before you buy and if you get a good one you are set to rock !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
stratgod
stratgod
01/05/2003 7:48 pm
Man, I bought my Tele off ex Yes guitarist Tony Kaye(I didn't know who he was at the time) even though I set out to buy a Strat. It's funny really, you go looking to buy a specific guitar and you come back with something totally different! Anyway, great sounding guitars.
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.
# 5
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/05/2003 10:53 pm
I recently had the pleasure of jamming on an "American Fat Tele", and I have to say this was one of the most amazing and versatile guitars I have ever played. The humbucker was amazing, so much cleaner and crisper than a single coil. If you have the money go for one of these, I know I will as soon as I get some money.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 6
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/06/2003 8:57 pm
Sounds like you guys all love you Teles...I have a friend who has a tele mex and I love his tele. I would also look at getting a Semour Duncan pickup on the bridge.
The only issue is that I would be buying through my guitar school ( they get great prices ) so I may not be able to test the exact guitar that I buy, although if it is a crap one, I will be able to return it.
Any thoughts?
Andrew
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.