Top 10 bassists

u10ajf
u10ajf
02/09/2003 7:27 pm
Nobody mentioned Stuart Hamm, Satriani's live bassist! That guy can play the slow movement of the moonlight sonata and plays slap/bobble/tap things that sound completely impossible.
Mark King from Level 42. Don't know if you know/like the band (some cheesy stuff, bit soft for me) but Mark King is incredibly fast at slapping/bobbling and great at crazy, funky grooves, he probably plays bass in his sleep.
Geddy Lee from Rush, great bass melodies and some cool soloing.
Mark White from Spin Doctors. Dont' judge those guys on "Two Princes" they've written much better, the bass solo on the live version of refrigerator car (homebelly groove album) is jaw-dropping. He's a funky beast.
John Myung, check out his solo on YTSE JAM (majesty backwards) there's this really insane solo which not even John Pettrucci can properly upstage (track contains possibly my favourite of his solos too).
Billy Sheehan. From Mr Big and Niacin. I first heard him on a Rush Tribute album from Magna carta, then he played on Glenn Tipton's baptism of fire. He picks as fast as any bassist can, really terrifying.
Robert Trujillo (from suicidal tendencies and Infectious grooves). I wish someone would shut Mike Muir up (he can't sing) 'cause Trujillo's a top musician playing megafunky fast slap stuff in a funky rock setting.
Jimmy Earl, jazz bassist, most funky.
Jonas Hellborg, jazz bassist, I've only heard him on Shawn Lane's stuff, he kicks ass.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 1
metalisbest
metalisbest
02/11/2003 2:15 am
Thank you, finally someone who respects other people's opinions. I really don't care how much people can criticize me for what i say. I already get that enough, don't need anymore on this guitar site.
# 2
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
02/11/2003 4:37 am
Bootsey Collins
Getting the Funk out!!
Oh yeah StarChild.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.