View post (Practice and chords + +)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
10/03/2020 12:56 am

I'm in a similar boat. I need the chord practice but I find myself meandering around a little too. Overall, I think it's good I found Acoustics 1 to be extremely enjoyable. But as someone here pointed out the other day, I will be much more successful at playing anything if I have my chord changes down. So I've begun thoroughly going over the chord change drills on here in each Key (only focusing on two different keys for now) and also the chord change strategies for common chords. In just a couple days, I'm noticing a difference. I'm also practicing with the metronome when I play to keep up with myself. I'm going very slow now but I know I'll work my way up. I'm just concerned with accuracy and not looking at the fretboard now. Oh, and just forming the shapes and not putting each finger down one by one. Maybe some of this can help you. I also really like Fingerstyle so that is what I'll be playing after more of the fundamentals are down.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor