View post (new strings buzz, buzz, and more buzz.)

View thread

lee05503
lee05503
09/19/2020 11:41 pm

It's ok, I cancelled my subscription to guitar tricks after 4 months. I don't have the talent for any of this, who in their right mind scews up their guitar from trying to put strings on it? I do. I can't even do something as simple as that, even with a world class guitarist showing an easy step by step video on how to do it.[br][br]

So there is no point in wasting anyones time as I have decided to get rid of my amp and guitar, might either sale it or just throw it away in the trash for the garbage man.[br][br]

Before I came to guitar tricks I tried the Matthew Von Doran 99 lessons, didn't get very far and failed. I never could get past lesson 4 your first chord, it was a C chord 1st finger 1st fret 2nd string, 2nd finger 2nd fret 4th string , and 3rd finger 3rd fret 5th string, didn't matter how hard I tried or how I shifted my fingers, I tried for 30 days and could not do the chord. It was like my fingers were simply too short and two fat, it was extremly hard for my fingers to stretch 3 frets. I would sit in a chair trying to do this chord for about 1 hour daily, my back would hurt after and my butt would be sore and numb. It was exhausting. But I tried for 30 days and was unable to move past lesson 4 as I was not able to do the first chord.[br][br]

So I decided to try guitar tricks, and I never got far with Lisa's lessons as I simply was unable to do the chords, fingers too short and too fat and blocking out strings around them no matter how I tried to shift them. [br][br] I have heard stories of former guitar students who paid for private lessons with teachers and were simply unable to learn to play guitar and that the teacher would become frustrated because the student was unable to learn it the techniques. I believe I am such a person who simply does not posses the ability to learn the necessary skills. And II don't want to mess with the guitar anymore, I'm done.