View post (Hello!)

View thread

DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/14/2020 11:14 pm
Originally Posted by: skklogw7

I am starting from the beginning foundations again to remind myself of all the basic techniques and to get my muscle memory back.

So far I just have one question regarding the site... on the home page it has one link to 'Beginner Lessons' and another to 'Experienced Lessons'.

Is it correct that both use the same exact core learning system, but then branch off in different directions from there (beginner going to 'songs made easy', 'practice for beginners', and 'tuning and guitar maintence' vs experienced going to style, techniques, artist studies, etc.?). Is there any difference in the core learning systems between these two paths?

Hi Kurt, I applaud your decision to go back through the fundamentals even though you probably know most of it. It's always smart to reinforce and check things out to see if there may be some little nugget of knowledge you missed along the way.

There is no difference between the core learning systems other than what you already identified - the Experienced has the styles, artist studies, and techniques, but the rest of it is the same. Of course there is plenty of material that is not actually included in the core learning system paths.

Good luck!

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.